>> Preventing industrial corrosion
OUR CLIENT'S CHALLENGE - Veolia operates British Petroleum's (BP) raw water treatment plant in the Khazzan gas field in south-west Muscat, in the Sultanate of Oman. Due to local water quality issues, the operator considers that systems face a life-long risk of corrosion.
maximum volume of water treated
OFIS' SOLUTION - OFIS produced a corrosion prevention guide which provides guidelines and serves as a tool to safely prevent corrosion during the plant's operational phase, including:
- Assessing the existing water network set-up;
- Defining risk analysis criteria and assessing the associated risk levels;
- Identifying corrosion-related factors and threats;
- Defining preventive actions to avoid any critical situations;
- Determining performance indicators and set targets;
- Defining any remedial action required if thresholds are exceeded.
- Structured risk prevention -
- Optimized operating expenses -
- Standardized, reliable techniques -
- Improved equipment awareness -